Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Wow...

Wow!
What a day!

Let me just start by saying that if this contract doesn't go through, it isn't my doing. 
I seem to have hired one of the least responsive Realtors in the entire State of Indiana.
(surely they aren't all this bad??)
I'm developing a self-appreciation of how I do my job at this point. 

I worked the better part of the day making prospecting calls, and sending emails when I was unable to reach the prospects by phone, and could have taken a break ANYTIME during the course of the day. The Realtor wrote me at 11 to tell me that the offer had been accepted, but spelled out no urgency at this point...as a matter of fact, she didnt get back to me at all until right at 3 hours later, at which time, everything was of an urgent nature...mind you I am already locked into the queue at my daughters school by this point, with a second queue to fall into for my son shortly thereafter. I won't really be free to get to the bank until 4 and they close at 5. I have to get my Earnest Money Deposit in the form of a Cashiers check (we do personal checks here, with no real urgency for the EMD) . She sends the paperwork at 330...but has made a mistake....she signed everything in black ink THEN realized all signatures had to be in blue....so she takes another 20 minutes to sign everything in Blue ....THEN...she realizes that I have to sign before they sign....so she sends an unsigned copy. (I have already sent the 2nd copy to Fedex office for printing to expedite things...and have to cancel that order and send the 3rd copy for printing. I get both kids from school, get my proof of funds letter and my Cashier's check, and I'm off to Fedex to get paperwork, sit down and sign it, then put all of it in an overnight envelope and spend almost 50 to overnight it. Sent her the Tracking number.



Grocery stop on the way home, Got Potatoes and Buns (kids have to have different meals) the roast has been cooking the bulk of the afternoon, and I came home and put potatoes in it, fixed Emma a plate and 2 cheeseburgers for Micah. I wish this was the end of my day....but I still have an airport run at 7:00. 

When I get home tonight, I think I will take a hot bath and turn my phone off for the night and watch mindless television before bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment