Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Hope

Hope
Hope is an essential, but underappreciated part of life. 
Hope is the essence of Faith, whether it is Faith in our Creator, or faith in ourselves. 
religion or no religion, we really aren't that different in our need to have things to be hopeful for. 
Hopes for our children, for our friends and family, hope make us human. 
but...we don't really understand hope anymore. 
We've been conditioned to see hope as something that is much more akin to doubt...or fear. 
I am relearning this...this past week I did quite a bit of reading on it...
I am trying to relearn hope...I bought a little Ivy plant this week.
She is my reminder to remember the true meaning of hope, thus I have named her hope.

This blog isn't about the Ivy plant though
It's about a little house, a little old house...116 to be exact
In 2 weeks, barring any unforseen incedents, this forgotten beauty will be mine, 
Mine to cherish, and build happy memories in. 
Mine to build hopes and dreams around, and to bring back to life.

I can already see her in my mind's eye...to me she is beautiful. 
I have every room, and even the yard dreamed out. 
She will take elbow grease, and fortitude, and even some blood, sweat, and tears along the way.
After all, all roads in life have their rough patches...don't they?

I look forward to sharing her with you. 

Amanda Renee'

No comments:

Post a Comment